When you have been arrested for a DUI, it may be a good idea to call a drunk driving attorney Asbury Park residents can count on for legal advice. For decades Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. has been fighting for clients who are facing harsh penalties after being caught driving under the influence. Our tenacious determination to protect the rights of every client and our experience is what guides our success. If you would like to know how an Asbury Park drunk driving attorney from Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. can help, please call (908) 353-0800.
In every state, it is illegal for a driver to operate a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs, including medications. Depending on which state you have been charged in, the name of the offense may vary. In general, it is called driving under the influence (DUI), driving while intoxicated (DWI), or another similar legal term.
In most cases, people who have been charged with a DUI have failed a test given by law enforcement. Even if your blood alcohol concentration levels did show impairment in any of the tests, a good drunk driving attorney Asbury Park trusts may be able to have the charges reduced or dropped.
During the Conviction
When you have been convicted of a DUI, the judge might sentence you to any of the following:
- Community service;
- Jail time;
- Prison time; and
You may also incur large fines and there is a good chance your driver’s license can be suspended or revoked. This is regardless of whether or not it is your first offense. A drunk driving attorney Asbury Park can rely on for honest legal counsel may work with the prosecutor and judge to obtain an agreement regarding driving privileges.
Terms to Understand
The process of a DUI conviction can be complex and confusing. While navigating the system, with or without a drunk driving attorney in Asbury Park, there are a few terms to be aware of:
- Implied Consent – When you accept your driver’s license, you automatically give consent to a police stop and a BAC test. If you fail to submit this test, there is a good chance your license can be suspended.
- Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) – This is the concentration of alcohol in your bloodstream. It varies by person and can be used to determine the level of impairment.
- Drug Recognition Experts – Law enforcement trained to assess the impairment of a person suspected to be under the influence of drugs.
- DUI Checkpoints – Roadblocks that are set up by police and require drivers to stop and be checked for impairment.
There are many other terms related to a DUI. A drunk driving attorney Asbury Park offers can discuss these with your during a free consultation.
How Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. Can Fight For You
As a drunk driving attorney Asbury Park provides to residents, we have a vast knowledge of the laws, regulations, and loopholes. When we defend a client who has been charged with a DUI, we might raise issues related to:
- BAC Testing – Was the standard field sobriety tests administered properly?
- Traffic Stops – Did the law enforcement officer have the right to stop you?
- Lawful Arrest – Was there enough probable cause to arrest you?
- Test Refusal – Were you justified in refusing to submit a test (i.e. by breath, blood, or urine)?
- Rights – Were there any rights violations?
If we deem any of the aforementioned to be true, we may seek to have your charges reduced or dropped.
Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. is On YOUR Side
If you wish to speak with a drunk driving attorney Asbury Park has to offer for a free consultation, please call Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. at (908) 353-0800.