If you’re injured at work, you may qualify for workers’ compensation in which case Newark work injury attorneys may be able to help you get the justice you deserve. The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. have helped hundreds of workers receive maximum compensation for their injuries.
An employer has certain obligations under the law when it comes to compensating employees injured in the workplace. You have a legal right to hire work injury attorneys in Newark if you so choose. If you’d like to discuss your case with our legal team we offer a free no-obligation consultation. Call us at (908) 768-3884 to make an appointment with one of our attorneys. In advance of meeting with any Newark work injury attorneys, you may find the following information of interest.
An Employer’s Obligations After a Work Injury
Workers compensation laws vary by state as well as by vocation and sometimes even by circumstances, depending on how the injury occurred. Newark work injury attorneys can review your particular case to see how the law applies to you; but generally speaking, most employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance. When an employee suffers from a work-related illness or injury, workers’ compensation insurance is intended to cover a portion of their lost wages and medical costs.
To qualify for workers’ compensation, these criteria must be met:
- The injury or illness occurred while you performed your work duties or a task assigned to you by your employer.
- The injury or illness occurred on company property, in a vehicle or building owned by your employer, or during a work-related party or other event sponsored by your employer.
- You are an employee of the company, versus an independent contractor.
- Depending on the workers’ compensation policy, you may or may not be covered if you were injured while disregarding workplace safety rules. When you meet with Newark work injury attorneys to discuss your case, they may be able to clarify whether or not this is relevant to you.
Though most associate workers’ compensation claims with injuries that occur during work hours inside the workplace, there are additional circumstances that may qualify. These include:
- Injuries or illnesses that occur while you’re in the company’s cafeteria.
- Injuries that occur while operating your own vehicle if you are on official company business.
- During a work-related event or a work holiday party or retreat, even if the consumption of alcohol contributed to your injury.
- When your job duties worsen a pre-existing condition.
- If while on the job you develop a mental condition due to the responsibilities or duties of your job. Work injury attorneys Newark employees have hired under similar circumstances can determine if this is applicable to you.
If you’ve been injured while on the job, you may be concerned about how you’ll manage to pay bills. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer wants to help you recover your damages. Call the attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo today if you’d like to meet with Newark work injury attorneys who know how to make a difference.