Work Related Injury Attorney Newark

Whether your job injury was due to a sudden accident or developed over time due to repeated exposure or repetitive use, an experienced work-related injury attorney Newark residents trust can help you get the compensation you are entitled to under the law. At Rispoli & Borneo, we have been successfully advocating for injured workers for more than two decades.

If You Suffer a Work-Related Injury

According to national statistics, more than three million people suffer some kind of work-related injury each year. When a worker is injured, it is important for them to act quickly in order to ensure you receive the workers’ compensation benefits you are entitled to under the law.

If you are injured, the first thing you need to do is report it to your employer immediately. If more than 90 days pass after you were injured and you have not reported this, you may not be able to collect any benefits.

Seek medical attention right away and make sure to provide details of the accident to your doctor. It is important to have all of this information fully documented; otherwise, your employer may accuse you of lying that the injury is work-related and try to deny your claim. You should also retain the services of a work-related injury attorney right away.

Your attorney can assist in filing your workers’ compensation claim in order to make sure that all of your medical expenses are paid for by your employer’s insurance company. Your attorney can also make sure that your pay benefit is also processed so you can begin receiving your temporary disability payment. Under New Jersey law, this amount is 70 percent of your average pay.

How Much Does a Work Related Injury Attorney Newark Workers Rely On Cost?

Under New Jersey law, all workers ‘compensation/injured workers cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means that a unless a case is settled or an order granting benefits is issued by a workers’ compensation judge, your work-related injury attorney in Newark does not get paid. Your attorney fees can be a portion of the amount you receive for your award or settlement. This fee amount is determined by the workers’ compensation judge. The maximum contingency fee that is allowed under the law is 20 percent of the overall amount you receive.

However, only part of that may actually come out of your settlement, usually about 40 percent. The other 60 percent is paid for by the insurance company. This means that less than 10 percent of the money you receive either by settlement or awarded to you is paid to your work-related injury attorney Newark provides.

When You Need a Work Related Injury Attorney Newark Clients Call

If you have been injured on the job and would like to speak with a Newark work related injury attorney call our office today. The lawyers at Rispoli & Borneo are available to meet and discuss the details of our case and how we may be able to help.

Contact a seasoned work related injury attorney Newark employees recommend at (908) 353-0800 for a free consultation.