Drunk Driving Attorney Newark
Drivers facing a DUI charge may believe they can go it alone, especially if he or she already believes they are guilty. But it is possible to improve the outcome of your case with help from the drunk driving attorney Newark residents trust.
Rispoli & Borneo has been assisting drivers in Newark with DUI charges for twenty years. We want to hear about your case and see how we can help.
Protecting Your Rights
Getting help from an experienced attorney means your rights will be protected. From the minute you call our Newark drunk driving attorney, we will work to ensure a reasonable and favorable outcome in your case.
Our team will help to:
- Post bail
- Collect evidence
- Represent you at hearings and trials
- Analyze evidence in the case, including breath and blood tests
- Negotiate to reduce or dismiss charges when appropriate
You have a lot on the line in a DUI case. You could be facing:
- Loss of your driver’s license
- Loss of your vehicle
- Steep fines
- Possible jail time
Even if you are facing a misdemeanor DUI charge, you could still be facing the list of punishments above. If you also caused property damage, or if you injured or killed someone else, you can expect the punishments to be even stiffer.
It’s crucial to act fast in these cases. Often, states may only allow a short window of time for you to file an appeal. It may only be up to a few days after your arrest.
Our drunk driving attorneys know and have experienced Newark’s DUI process. We know the next steps to take to maximize the outcome of your case.
Defending Your Charges
If you try to represent yourself in a DUI case, you may miss crucial evidence or pieces of law that could have life-altering outcomes in your case.
Your drunk driving attorney from our Newark firm will investigate all aspects of your case and may be able to challenge certain aspects.
- The traffic stop
- If a law enforcement officer does not have probable cause to pull a driver over, the evidence obtained may be thrown out.
- Field sobriety tests
- These are often subjective and can be thrown out as insufficient evidence.
- Chemical tests
- Failure to administer such tests correctly, or the mishandling of results, are the main culprits.
- Police conduct
- If an arresting officer somehow acts inappropriately, evidence obtained during the arrest may be thrown out.
Working with Our Team
The punishments in a DUI case are severe. You may lose your right to drive, spend time in jail, and be forced to pay heavy fines. And this is all before the impact on your personal life. Your job may be at risk because of this new criminal record. The financial burden and stress of the situation may impact you and your family.
Your future is on the line. Rispoli & Borneo will aggressively fight to defend your rights. Contact the drunk driving attorney Newark calls first now and let us help you to reach the best possible outcome.