A work accident attorney New Jersey residents trust understands that many people who are injured at work often are unsure of what they should do and what steps they should take first. At Rispoli & Borneo, P.C., we’re proud to give our clients a New Jersey work accident attorney who can provide trustworthy counsel in this area.
What Steps Do I Take if I Have Been Injured?
The first thing you should do is report the incident to your employer, even if you feel that your injury may only be a minor one. It is not uncommon for symptoms of serious injuries – such as a back injury – to show up days, or even weeks, after the actual accident occurred. If for some reason you did not report your injury to your employer immediately, make sure to send a written report to your employer as soon as you are able.
A work accident attorney New Jersey clients depend on may also advise you that some employers – in an attempt to get out of liability for a work injury – may tell you that you cannot report an injury if more than 24 hours have passed since you were injured. Under New Jersey law, an employee has 90 days to report his or her injury to their employer. Keep in mind that you may report any work-related injuries to your employer, regardless of how much time has passed since the accident.
The next step a work accident attorney in New Jersey may recommend is to seek medical treatment right away for your injury. The longer you wait, the more damage may occur. Not only it is important for you to obtain medical care for your injury, but it may also be critical to your work injury case that you have the injury documented as soon as possible.
Will I Qualify for Workers’ Compensation?
Once you have notified your employer of your work accident injury, they are required to notify their workers’ compensation insurance carrier. The insurance carrier will submit a first report of injury form to the New Jersey Division of Workers’ Compensation. This now opens your claim.
A work accident attorney New Jersey accident victims rely on knows that New Jersey law requires workers’ compensation insurance to cover an injured worker’s medical expenses. For temporary disability, the insurance company is also required to pay the worker 70 percent of their gross wages for each week they are unable to work.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, and if there are any long-term or permanent disabilities associated with the injury, there may be other benefits you are entitled to. These include financial compensation for these disabilities, such as disfigurement, scarring, or loss of function of the injured body part. You may also be entitled to dependent benefits or vocational rehabilitation benefits.
Get the Help You Need For Your Workplace Injuries!
When you suspect that you have a workers’ compensation claim but are unsure of what to do next, you should know when the circumstances call for hiring a work accident attorney New Jersey workers rely on. We understand that many times you do not want to make a big deal out of nothing. Perhaps you really were not that seriously injured (some events do not even call for a workers’ compensation claim to be filed) or maybe you think you can easily handle your workers’ compensation claim. However, it is important to understand what a NJ work accident attorney can do for you. While no one can guarantee a “win,” we can help you with your claim and ensure all procedures are followed. Call us to see what else we can do for you.
Why is it important to hire a work accident attorney in New Jersey?
Most people think that they should just handle their workers’ compensation claim themselves. They do not want to bother an attorney with a claim and they can probably get it done on their own time. However, many people do not realize the types of deadlines they are under when filing workers’ compensation claims and how much an attorney can help them. If you are considering working with an attorney, you should speak with them as quickly as possible so they can begin preparing documents and gathering evidence.
Can a New Jersey work accident attorney help me with insurance agents?
Absolutely. We understand that insurance agents can be frustrating. In fact, they want you to believe they are trying to be as helpful as possible when it comes to getting your workers’ compensation benefits. They may propose a number that sounds good to you but you realize part of the way through your recovery it will not come close to covering your medical expenses or lost wages. This is why a trusted New Jersey work accident attorney can ensure insurance agents do not trick you into settling for a lowball offer.
What if my initial claim was denied?
It may feel like the end of the road, but our New Jersey work accident attorney knows that a denied claim does not have to be the end. If your claim was denied, we can work hard to appeal your claim and show why you deserve workers’ compensation benefits for your on-the-job injury.
Allow a Work Accident Attorney New Jersey Trusts To Advocate for You
Injured workers who try to navigate through the workers’ compensation system on their own often find it to be very confusing and complex. Without a New Jersey work accident attorney advocating for you, the insurance company may take advantage of your unfamiliarity with the system. Some insurers could try to pressure you into accepting a lesser benefit amount than you are entitled to or might try to pressure you to return to work before you are sufficiently healed. In some cases, they may try to deny your claim completely.
If you have been injured at work, the skilled attorneys at Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. are available to discuss the details of your case and how they may be able to assist you. Contact a trusted work accident attorney New Jersey can provide at 908-768-3884 today.
Work Accident Attorney New Jersey
You are more likely to get a higher settlement if you use a work accident attorney New Jersey. The workers’ compensation lawyers from Rispoli & Borneo P.C. understand the law, have years of experience in negotiating these types of claims and have various professional tools at their disposal that can help you get the settlement you deserve. Call today for a consultation with one of our work accident attorney New Jersey.
If you are looking to get workers’ compensation and your case suddenly becomes complicated due to the severity of your injuries or the actions of your employers, you may want to contact a work accident attorney New Jersey.
Here are a few examples of such moments:
- Your workers’ compensation claim is denied. Insurance companies may deny your claim for a few reasons. Maybe they argue that you filed your claim too late to ask for workers’ compensation. Maybe they argue that your injuries weren’t work-related at all. No matter the argument, you can appeal the denial through the workers’ compensation system with the help of a workers’ compensation lawyer from Rispoli & Borneo P.C. who can file the proper paperwork, gather evidence and present your appeal at a hearing.
- You have a preexisting injury. Like many insurance claims, a preexisting injury can affect your coverage. If you have a preexisting injury or condition that involves the same body part that you injured in your work-related accident, the insurance company will likely fight you on your compensation demands. They may blame your injury on your previous condition rather than your work experience.
- You are having trouble getting the medical treatment that you need. If the insurance company delays you from getting effective treatment, even at times as drastic as surgery, a workers’ compensation lawyer can help by putting pressure on the insurance company and advocating for your treatments.
- You are unable to go back to work or unable to work at the rate that you previously were. If you’re not able to return to work because of your workplace injury, it is important that you negotiate a claim that will maximize your benefits and make them last into the future.
- If the insurance company does not agree with your permanent disability rating. If the insurance company does not agree with the disability rating that your doctor signed, they may have you visit a doctor that they have chosen who will often give you a lower rating. A lawyer can prove that you are entitled to the higher rating.
- You are receiving Social Security. If you are already receiving benefits from Social Security Disability Insurance, they may be reduced if you also receive workers’ compensation. A work injury attorney New Jersey can assist you in this tricky process.
- You are having a workers’ compensation hearing. If you are unable to settle with the insurance company on a number that accurately represents your injuries and experiences, you may need to prove the case at a hearing. A lawyer from Rispoli & Borneo P.C. is experienced with these hearings and can assist you.
It is imperative that you are able to get assistance from an experienced work injury attorney New Jersey in order to be compensated for any injuries, medical bills or lost income. Call Rispoli & Borneo P.C. to set up a consultation today with one of our associates.