Newark Work Injury Attorney
When an injury occurs on the job, you may need the help of Newark work injury attorneys Rispoli & Borneo to recover your damages. If a workers’ compensation claim is not sufficient to cover your accident-related costs, call us to find out how our legal team may be able to assist you.
Not all work injury attorneys in Newark have the needed experience to pursue lawsuits against large companies or corporations. The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo have been very successful in litigating even the most complex cases. Call our office today to make an appointment with one of our lawyers to review your case at no charge. If you may be facing legal action against your employer, you might find the following information helpful.
Table Of Contents:
- Should I hire a workers compensation lawyer?
- Should I file a workers compensation claim or a lawsuit?
- The Benefits of Accepting a Workers’ Compensation Settlement
- Filing a Lawsuit in Civil Court
- Newark Work Injury Attorneys FAQs
- An Employer’s Obligations After a Work Injury
- Give Us a Call
Should I hire a workers compensation lawyer?
Workers’ compensation is intended to cover your accident-related costs, including lost wages, but this can be problematic for several reasons. It may become necessary to hire Newark work injury attorneys to help you recover your damages under any of the following circumstances:
- The workers compensation package is not reasonably close to your actual accident costs.
- Your employer interferes with your claim to make sure it’s denied.
- Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance agency denies your claim.
- Payment to you is significantly delayed with no resolution in sight.
Should I file a workers compensation claim or a lawsuit?
With rare exceptions, it’s not possible to accept workers’ compensation, and also file a lawsuit against your employer. Therefore, in most instances, you must decide between the two options. After a careful review of your case, Newark work injury attorneys can recommend what they believe to be your best choice. However, the decision will ultimately be up to you.
The Benefits of Accepting a Workers’ Compensation Settlement
Though there are downsides to accepting a settlement, there are also advantages, which vary according to each case. Here are some reasons why many injured workers decide to accept a settlement:
- Workers’ compensation provides immediate medical benefits and monetary payments for as long as you qualify.
- Your employer will be responsible for paying most of the claim’s medical care expenses.
- If you lose work or suffer permanent disability as a result of your injury, you may qualify for lost wages and permanent disability payments.
- You can avoid the cost, time, and frustration of a lengthy trial that you could lose, or that may result in an award not sufficient to cover your original injury costs.
Filing a Lawsuit in Civil Court
In most cases, it’s not legally permissible to take your employer to court. When you consult with Newark work injury attorneys, they may be able to tell you if your case qualifies for a potential lawsuit. In most instances, employees file a lawsuit against their employer after a workplace injury under these circumstances:
- Your employer harmed you purposely and intended to cause you pain. This is different from acting negligently or carelessly.
- Your employer has an insufficient amount of workers’ compensation coverage to pay your accident damages. Your damages will have to be documented. In addition, after hiring work injury attorneys Newark employees trust, your attorney will have to prove your costs are justified.
When you need the help of experienced Newark work injury attorneys, call us today at Rispoli & Borneo for a no-obligation free case review.
Newark Work Injury Attorneys FAQsIf you were injured at work, you may require the assistance of Newark, NJ work injury attorneys from Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. Our legal team can help you file your claim in a timely manner and handle any complications that may arise. During your initial consultation, you may have questions and concerns about getting compensation for medical treatment and time off from work. Our legal professionals at Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. can provide you with the answers you need to know about workers’ compensation benefits. Call us today to schedule an appointment and learn how we can help you.
Will I Get My Claim Denied If I Was at Fault for the Accident?In general, fault is not an issue in workers’ compensation claims. For example, if you spilled liquid on the floor, forgot to clean it up and then slipped and hurt yourself, you are still entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol or engaged in horseplay at the time of the accident, your claim may get denied. If your claim was denied unfairly, call Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. to speak with one of our Newark, NJ work injury attorneys.
What Kind of Benefits Can I Receive from Workers’ Compensation?If your workers’ compensation claim gets approved, the benefits should at least cover the medical bills that resulted from the accident. However, there may be payment limits on certain types of medical treatments such as physical therapy. If your injuries are expected to last many years, you may be eligible for disability benefits too. The types of benefits that may be available to you depends on a number of factors and can be complicated. Call Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. to speak with one of our Newark, NJ work injury attorneys who may be able to clarify your options.
How Long Will It Take to Settle My Claim?The amount of time it will take to settle your workers’ compensation claim may depend on several factors such as the severity of your injuries and whether or not you will require long-term care. If you believe it is taking too long, call our office as we may be able to accelerate the claims process on your behalf if we take your case. If you settle your case before you know all the facts about your injuries, your settlement may not be enough. Before signing an agreement for benefits, contact Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. to speak with one of our Newark, NJ work injury attorneys.
What Should I Tell My Physician?When your physician evaluates your injuries, it is important to be completely honest. Tell him or her how you suffered the injury and how it has affected your life thus far. Try to include as many details as possible. However, you shouldn’t try to embellish any of your injuries.
How Much Does a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Charge?If you are considering hiring one of our Newark, NJ work injury attorneys, you might be wondering how much it will cost. We work on a contingency basis which means only after we settle your case will we earn a percentage of your settlement. This means you will not have to pay us anything up front. At Rispoli & Borneo, P.C., we understand how stressful it can be to navigate a workers’ compensation claim on your own. That is why we want to help you. Our lawyers have represented many injured workers in the past and work hard to ensure their rights are protected. We’ll listen to all of your questions and concerns and provide you with the answers you need. If you’re injured at work, you may qualify for workers’ compensation in which case Newark work injury attorneys may be able to help you get the justice you deserve. The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. have helped hundreds of workers receive maximum compensation for their injuries. An employer has certain obligations under the law when it comes to compensating employees injured in the workplace. You have a legal right to hire work injury attorneys in Newark if you so choose. If you’d like to discuss your case with our legal team we offer a free no-obligation consultation. Call us at (908) 768-3884 to make an appointment with one of our attorneys. In advance of meeting with any Newark work injury attorneys, you may find the following information of interest.
An Employer’s Obligations After a Work InjuryWorkers compensation laws vary by state as well as by vocation and sometimes even by circumstances, depending on how the injury occurred. Newark work injury attorneys can review your particular case to see how the law applies to you; but generally speaking, most employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance. When an employee suffers from a work-related illness or injury, workers’ compensation insurance is intended to cover a portion of their lost wages and medical costs. To qualify for workers’ compensation, these criteria must be met:
- The injury or illness occurred while you performed your work duties or a task assigned to you by your employer.
- The injury or illness occurred on company property, in a vehicle or building owned by your employer, or during a work-related party or other event sponsored by your employer.
- You are an employee of the company, versus an independent contractor.
- Depending on the workers’ compensation policy, you may or may not be covered if you were injured while disregarding workplace safety rules. When you meet with Newark work injury attorneys to discuss your case, they may be able to clarify whether or not this is relevant to you.
Additional CircumstancesThough most associate workers’ compensation claims with injuries that occur during work hours inside the workplace, there are additional circumstances that may qualify. These include:
- Injuries or illnesses that occur while you’re in the company’s cafeteria.
- Injuries that occur while operating your own vehicle if you are on official company business.
- During a work-related event or a work holiday party or retreat, even if the consumption of alcohol contributed to your injury.
- When your job duties worsen a pre-existing condition.
- If while on the job you develop a mental condition due to the responsibilities or duties of your job. Work injury attorneys Newark employees have hired under similar circumstances can determine if this is applicable to you.