When an injury occurs on the job, you may need the help of Newark work injury attorneys Rispoli & Borneo to recover your damages. If a workers’ compensation claim is not sufficient to cover your accident-related costs, call us to find out how our legal team may be able to assist you.
Not all work injury attorneys in Newark have the needed experience to pursue lawsuits against large companies or corporations. The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo have been very successful in litigating even the most complex cases. Call our office today to make an appointment with one of our lawyers to review your case at no charge. If you may be facing legal action against your employer, you might find the following information helpful.
Should I hire a workers compensation lawyer?
Workers’ compensation is intended to cover your accident-related costs, including lost wages, but this can be problematic for several reasons. It may become necessary to hire Newark work injury attorneys to help you recover your damages under any of the following circumstances:
- The workers compensation package is not reasonably close to your actual accident costs.
- Your employer interferes with your claim to make sure it’s denied.
- Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance agency denies your claim.
- Payment to you is significantly delayed with no resolution in sight.
Should I file a workers compensation claim or a lawsuit?
With rare exceptions, it’s not possible to accept workers’ compensation, and also file a lawsuit against your employer. Therefore, in most instances, you must decide between the two options. After a careful review of your case, Newark work injury attorneys can recommend what they believe to be your best choice. However, the decision will ultimately be up to you.
The Benefits of Accepting a Workers’ Compensation Settlement
Though there are downsides to accepting a settlement, there are also advantages, which vary according to each case. Here are some reasons why many injured workers decide to accept a settlement:
- Workers’ compensation provides immediate medical benefits and monetary payments for as long as you qualify.
- Your employer will be responsible for paying most of the claim’s medical care expenses.
- If you lose work or suffer permanent disability as a result of your injury, you may qualify for lost wages and permanent disability payments.
- You can avoid the cost, time, and frustration of a lengthy trial that you could lose, or that may result in an award not sufficient to cover your original injury costs.
Filing a Lawsuit in Civil Court
In most cases, it’s not legally permissible to take your employer to court. When you consult with Newark work injury attorneys, they may be able to tell you if your case qualifies for a potential lawsuit. In most instances, employees file a lawsuit against their employer after a workplace injury under these circumstances:
- Your employer harmed you purposely and intended to cause you pain. This is different from acting negligently or carelessly.
- Your employer has an insufficient amount of workers’ compensation coverage to pay your accident damages. Your damages will have to be documented. In addition, after hiring work injury attorneys Newark employees trust, your attorney will have to prove your costs are justified.
When you need the help of experienced Newark work injury attorneys, call us today at Rispoli & Borneo for a no-obligation free case review.