Getting Help from a Car Accident Attorney Newark Trusts
Have you been injured in a car accident? Are you feeling confused about what you should do, and wondering whether or not there is any legal recourse for what happened? If you answered ‘yes’ to either of these questions, consulting a car accident attorney from Rispoli & Borneo might be in your best interests. Your call is free and confidential, and your risk nothing except a few minutes of your time. Please call us now.
The Types of Car Accidents
Anyone can be injured in a car accident, and they can happen at any time. Deciding who’s responsible for an accident is hard work, but did you know that the type of accident you’re involved in can further complicate who’s fault it was? Certain accidents have certain assumptions about who was at fault.
While these are just assumptions, these assumptions can really throw your court case off as the other side will rely heavily on said assumptions. So know them before you walk into court.
The Type of Impact
The type of impact has certain assumptions as to who’s at fault. There are three types of impacts, head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, and side-impact accidents.
Head-on collisions often happen when someone is traveling the wrong way down a one-way street, an exit ramp, or they’re on the wrong side of the road. Fault is usually extremely clean, because one driver has to be driving in the wrong direction. These accidents are some of the most fatal accidents that can happen.
Rear-end collisions are very common and have the potential to be less damaging because they often occur at lower speed. The rear driver is often presumed to be at fault, but that’s not always true. The rear driver is often presumed to have under-or-overestimated the amount of stopping power they needed, and time to stop.
Side-impact accidents often result from someone not yielding at intersections or other areas on the roadways. This is an extremely dangerous accident to get into, because the sides of your car are not made to survive structural damage like what it would acquire during this type of wreck.
Types of Driver
The type of driver that’s behind the wheel of a car also comes with stigma. Driving is a rite of passage for teenagers, and despite this, teenagers being behind the wheel have a lot of stigma following them if they wind up in an accident. Typically, people are more inclined to believe the teen was at fault, even if the evidence doesn’t line up. In this instance, a teenager would want to get a car accident attorney in Newark, NJ, such as one from Rispoli & Borneo.
A teen may get into accidents because they are overconfident in their abilities to drive, lack experience, or they’re distracted.
In the same vein, are elderly folk. Elderly drivers are considered being more often at fault (another stigma surrounding elderly people), because they may not be as alert, or reaction time.
However, a good lawyer can help figure out who was at fault and why. You should never abstain from filing a lawsuit against someone that caused an accident, because that accident may have caused injuries. So no matter, teenager, young adult, adult or elderly person, if they caused your accident, and you sustained damages, you should reach out to a lawyer.
There are laws in place, but laws don’t stop reckless drivers or accidents from happening. Risoli & Borneo P.C. will be there for you to serve as your car accident lawyers in Newark, NJ.
The Costs of a Car Accident in Newark
On average, a car accident victim will face upwards of $126,000 in related financial losses. A majority of people will not be able to cope with such a large amount of expenditures without going into extreme debt. Luckily, for people who have been the victim of another person’s negligence or wrongdoing, there are laws that protect them. If you believe another party caused your car accident or is partially to blame, you may be able to hold them liable for their actions.
At Rispoli & Borneo, we have been helping clients overcome their financial struggles that were the result of a devastating car accident for more than 25 years. Monetary compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, emotional distress, and other losses is available for nearly all car accident victims. To find out if you have a valid claim, please call a car accident attorney now.
We Seek to Protect YOUR Interests and Legal Rights
For decades, we have been successfully recovering damages from car accident claims. It is from this experience that we have found victims who take their own precautionary steps to secure their interests, in addition to retaining a car accident attorney, enhance their ability to recover maximum damages. We advise car accident victims to take the following steps:
- Call 911 – Immediately after a car accident, you might be offered a sum of money from the at-fault driver in exchange for not calling 911 or the police. In general, this is not recommended. Even if you feel okay, you could have internal or silent injuries that could be serious or life-threatening. Failing to call the police could nullify your insurance coverage, right to pursue damages and any possible evidence.
- Stay Calm – If you are alert at the scene of the accident, make an effort to stay calm. Cooperate with the police and be cordial to the person who caused the accident. Avoid saying anything that might hinder your claim. For example, do not admit any fault even if you believe you are partially to blame.
- Seek Medical Care – Depending on your injuries, an ambulance might have taken you to the hospital and you might not have been able to conduct the above steps. This is not a problem and can be taken care of by a car accident attorney. If you were not taken to the hospital by ambulance, after talking with the police and notifying your own insurance company, you should get medical attention. This is regardless of what you may or may not be feeling physically or emotionally. Failure to do so could not only cause you harm but could make a difference in the outcome of any legal claim.
- Document Your Case – If you’re planning to file a car accident claim, try to document every event that unfolds from the moment of the crash. Safeguard receipts, bills, invoices, and any costs associated with the accident. You might want to document your injuries by keeping an injury journal and taking ongoing photographs of the wounds.
- Get Legal Advice – Prior to agreeing to any settlement offer made by the insurance adjuster, it is important to consult a Newark car accident attorney. A lawyer can help you to understand your rights, options, the laws, statutes, and process. You can find out what you can expect from filing a claim and learn about the advantages of having a car accident attorney on your side.
Do not waste any more time in reaching out to a car accident attorney Newark clients recommend. Give Rispoli & Borneo a call.
How a Claim Might Affect Your Insurance
If you are in the process of filing a claim, you probably have many questions about the process. One common question is about how it will affect your insurance. As a car accident attorney in Newark might explain, this is a complicated matter. However, this guide will go over what you should know. Additionally, you should speak with your Newark, New Jersey car accident attorney to get more specific information about your situation.
If you file a claim with your insurance provider, then your rates will likely increase no matter what. Even if you win your claim, that will likely not change your insurance rates. You do have the option to skip filing an insurance claim, although this is typically a very risky option. It is true that it will keep your insurance rates from increasing, but you will be at risk of receiving nothing. If you lose your claim, then you will have to pay your medical bills and all other expenses out of your own pocket.
Paying Your Insurance Provider Back
If you win your case after filing an insurance claim, a big portion of the amount you are compensated will go to your insurance provider. After all, your insurance company already compensated you for your expenses. If you kept the legal compensation, it would be like you were compensated twice.
However, your insurance provider may have been granted special rates when it compensated you. Whereas, the defendant in your case will have to compensate you for the full amount, meaning you will be able to keep the difference for yourself. Additionally, you may also receive some general compensatory damages. A car accident attorney Newark families trust can explain this in more detail when you call for a consultation and case review.
General Compensatory Damages
This type of damage is associated with non-financial losses. You may have heard about “pain and suffering” as something you can be compensated for. This is the classic example of general compensatory damages. There are other things that also fall into this category, such as disfigurement, loss of ability, loss of enjoyment of life, and emotional turmoil. A car accident attorney in Newark will explain what general damages may be applicable for your own case.
If you suffered any non-financial damages, then you will keep all the compensation for those damages for yourself. After all, your insurance provider did not provide any compensation for these losses. Although they are rare in personal injury cases, you will also be able to keep any punitive damages for yourself as well. This is an amount of money the judge orders the defendant to pay in order to punish the defendant. Personal injury cases usually involve accidents, so additional punishment is not usually appropriate. Your car accident attorney in Newark can tell you if you should expect punitive damages. For a consultation, call Rispoli & Borneo, P.C.