Car Accident Lawyer Elizabeth NJ
If you are involved in a car accident in Elizabeth, New Jersey it is important that you speak with a qualified car accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey. It is well known that one of the leading causes of death and/or serious injury in the United States is car accidents. In 2014, in New Jersey alone, there were over 52,000 car accidents involving injuries, including those motor vehicle accidents occurring in Elizabeth, NJ. In fact, there were over 3500 motor vehicle accidents in Union County in 2014.
Injuries from an Elizabeth, NJ car accident are often very serious. In 2014, 26 people in Union County, NJ died from injuries sustained in a car accident. If you or someone you love has been in an accident and/or has suffered injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence—on the road or off—please contact an auto accident lawyer in Elizabeth, NJ right away. It is important that when you do reach out to an attorney or law firm that you select one that has experience. And , if your motor vehicle accident occurred in New Jersey, it is crucial that you receive advice from an attorney who knows and understand the laws regarding car accidents in New Jersey, whether in Union County or Bergen County or anywhere else across the state. Why is this important? Well, your Elizabeth, NJ car accident lawyer has the knowledge and skills necessary to make sure you receive fair and just compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Now let’s talk about two common accidents that occur in Elizabeth, NJ: rear end accidents and left turn collisions. Oftentimes rear end collisions set off chain reactions with the first car rear-ended hitting the one in front of it and then so on. These can become very confusing from a fault perspective as well determining which insurance company should be contacted for what. In these situations being represented by a skilled car accident lawyer in Elizabeth, New Jersey is critical. In the case of left turn collisions, the party at fault is usually the driver who was making the left turn. In most situations, vehicles entering straight into the intersection have the right of way. But this is not always the case.
What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured By a Drunk Driver?
First and foremost, make sure to get medical attention as soon as possible. Many victims believe it is okay to wait to go to the doctor as their bills won’t be covered in the lawsuit if they go before a lawsuit is filed. Your health and wellbeing come first before any claim.
Once you seek treatment, keep a detailed record of everything. You will want as much evidence as you can that you sustained an injury, so keep a record of each visit, surgery, and hospital and pharmacy bill.
Is There Anything I Shouldn’t Do After the Accident?
It is advised not to speak to the driver or any insurance companies after the accident without your lawyer present. You will want to always have an attorney available to act as your legal advocate so you do not say something mistakenly or agree to a settlement of some sort.
Why Is Working With a Lawyer So Important?
A drunk driver has to go through criminal court first, to determine the fines and any possible jail time they will have to pay. Unfortunately, the victim’s rights are usually ignored during this process. This is where civil court comes in, where an attorney will file a claim to cover any damages from your accident. Without civil court, the drunk driver will still be punished, but you will not get the settlement you deserve.
What Type of Compensations Am I Eligible For?
Depending on your situation, you can gain compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and any lost wages. You may also be able to bring punitive damages against the driver.
Working with a personal injury lawyer will help navigate the complex legal world for you while getting you the compensation you deserve. Do not hesitate to wait to start your case, and call for a consultation today.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer – Elizabeth NJ
As with the rear-end collision, it is important that you reach out to an experienced car accident lawyer. Please contact our Elizabeth, NJ car accident lawyers for a free case evaluation should you need assistance.
Tips for Working with Your Car Accident Lawyer to Maximize Your Settlement
When working with a car accident lawyer Elizabeth NJ provides, it may be in your best interest to provide the attorney with as much relevant information about your case as possible. This will help ensure that they are able to negotiate the settlement you deserve.
At Rispoli & Borneo, P.C., our attorneys have helped many personal injury victims recover their costs from those responsible for their injuries. Our legal team understands what it takes to obtain maximum compensation for our clients. By providing your Elizabeth NJ car accident lawyer with the following information, you are likely positioning yourself for the best possible outcome.
Information to Provide a Car Accident Lawyer Elizabeth NJ Drivers Trust
1. Personal information. Your full name, current address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth. Also provide copies of:
- Your driver’s license
- Your health insurance card
2. Accident description. Write the following information down immediately after your accident while the details are clear in your mind:
- Date and time of accident
- Location of accident
- How the accident happened
- Copy of the police report
- The other driver’s name and contact information
- Witness names and contact information
- For each vehicle that was involved (including your own):
- Year, make, and model
- License plate
- Registered owner’s name
- Description of vehicle damage from the accident and the location at which it occurred
- Copies of written estimates for repairs
- Contact information of the salvage yard if vehicle was totaled
- Photographs of the involved vehicles at the scene of the accident
3. Your insurance policy. Your car accident lawyer Elizabeth NJ residents utilize will need to know the extent of your coverage:
- Provide a copy of the Declarations page which details your insurance coverage limits. If you don’t have a copy, you may be able to obtain it online through your insurance company or from your agent.
- The claim number for your accident claim
- Contact information for the insurance company adjuster
4. Medical information. A car accident lawyer Elizabeth NJ injury victims turn to for legal representation will need the following:
- Detailed descriptions of your injuries from the car accident
- Detailed descriptions of previous injuries you have suffered in the same area of your body injured in the accident
- Names and contact information of all medical providers you have seen since the accident, and note what treatments on what dates they provided
- Receipts for any medications or treatments you have received that are related to your accident injury
- Copies of all medical bills related to your injury, whether they have been paid or not
- Copies of Explanation of Benefits forms from your health insurance company for any payments they have made related to your accident injury
5. Employment information. This may be relevant if your injury will cause you to lose earnings due to an inability to work, so be sure to provide:
- The name and contact information of your company and supervisor
- Your job title and salary or hourly compensation
- Description of your job and the reason(s) why your injury may prevent you from working
- Copies of written notes from medical providers excusing you from work
- List of dates and hours you have missed work due to your injuries and the anticipated dates and hours you may additionally miss
6. Criminal background. The at-fault insurance company may run a criminal background check on you, so you should probably inform your car accident lawyer in Elizabeth NJ of any felony convictions you may have
The legal firm of Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. has successfully represented many personal injury victims.Our attorneys are here to help. Contact Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. today for a free initial consultation.