Traffic Ticket Attorney Newark
Were you recently charged with reckless driving? Do you understand that this type of charge is not like standard traffic offenses, and is rather considered to be a criminal offense punishable by fines, jail time, and a permanent criminal record? Whether or not you knew this up until now, is okay. However, at this point it is very important to think about your future. If you cannot imagine yourself in jail, with a criminal record, or having to pay thousands of dollars in insurance premiums over the course of the next several years, you should strongly consider retaining a traffic ticket attorney in Newark as soon as possible.
At Rispoli & Borneo, P.C., our traffic ticket and reckless driving lawyers take these charges very seriously. We know that they can have a domino-like effect on our clients’ life, career, reputation, and financial situation, and will do whatever we legally can to reduce these consequences. By choosing our firm to represent you, please know that we:
- Understand reckless driving laws and other traffic laws
- Can review your case and let you know what options are available
- Are familiar with the Newark court system, judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement officials
- Can utilize various defenses to protect your rights and the outcome of your case
- Won’t treat you like another case number
- Can represent you in court, on your behalf
- May be able to reduce or drop the charges against you
For a complimentary consultation with a traffic ticket attorney in Newark, please call Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. right now.
Reckless Driving is a Criminal Offense
Many people think their reckless driving charge is like a traffic ticket. This is not so. You will not be able to mail in your payment and forget about the charge. Nor can you appear in traffic court, explain your side, and be off the hook. Rather, you will be summoned to court where you will be asked to make a plea of guilty or not guilty. A judge will review the case and sentence you if you are found guilty. This is not a sensitive issue and should be taken very seriously. Realistically, you should have a traffic ticket attorney in Newark on your side – before you go to court.
If you were convicted and did not have a Newark traffic ticket attorney, it may be possible to appeal the outcome of your case. Time is of the essence because you have a very short time to file the appeal. After this, your conviction will likely not be able to be overturned.
- What You Should Know About Reckless Driving
- Reckless driving is usually a misdemeanor. It can be a felony if anyone was injured or died, or there was significant property damage after an accident caused by the reckless driving.
- There are many defenses that can be used in a reckless driving case, including faulty speedometer, faulty brakes, emergency, and so forth.
- An increase in insurance premiums can cost $5000 or more over the course of the next 3-5 years; this is often more than the cost of hiring a traffic ticket attorney in Newark.
- If you are found guilty, you may have a permanent criminal record.
After being charged with reckless driving, you should be ready to fight the charges against you. Call a traffic ticket attorney in Newark from Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. now for immediate help.