Traffic Ticket Attorney Newark
Were you recently charged with reckless driving? Do you understand that this type of charge is not like standard traffic offenses, and is rather considered to be a criminal offense punishable by fines, jail time, and a permanent criminal record? Whether or not you knew this up until now, is okay. However, at this point it is very important to think about your future. If you cannot imagine yourself in jail, with a criminal record, or having to pay thousands of dollars in insurance premiums over the course of the next several years, you should strongly consider retaining a traffic ticket attorney in Newark as soon as possible.
At Rispoli & Borneo, P.C., our traffic ticket and reckless driving lawyers take these charges very seriously. We know that they can have a domino-like effect on our clients’ life, career, reputation, and financial situation, and will do whatever we legally can to reduce these consequences.
By choosing our firm to represent you, please know that we:
- Understand reckless driving laws and other traffic laws
- Can review your case and let you know what options are available
- Are familiar with the Newark court system, judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement officials
- Can utilize various defenses to protect your rights and the outcome of your case
- Won’t treat you like another case number
- Can represent you in court, on your behalf
- May be able to reduce or drop the charges against you
For a complimentary consultation with a traffic ticket attorney in Newark, please call Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. right away. We will discuss the details of your case to see what the best possible outcome might be for you, as well as try to come up with the best strategy to use in court to have a positive outcome. The sooner you reach out to us the faster we can begin looking into the entirety of the case and help you with your traffic ticket.
Reckless Driving Is a Criminal Offense
Many people think their reckless driving charge is like a traffic ticket. This is not so. You will not be able to mail in your payment and forget about the charge. Nor can you appear in traffic court, explain your side, and be off the hook. Rather, you will be summoned to court where you will be asked to make a plea of guilty or not guilty. A judge will review the case and sentence you if you are found guilty. This is not a sensitive issue and should be taken very seriously. Realistically, you should have a traffic ticket attorney in Newark on your side – before you go to court.
If you were convicted and did not have a Newark traffic ticket attorney, it may be possible to appeal the outcome of your case. Time is of the essence because you have a very short time to file the appeal. After this, your conviction will likely not be able to be overturned.
What You Should Know About Reckless Driving
There are some important things you should know about reckless driving offenses. Here is a short list about the facts surrounding reckless driving offenses:
- Reckless driving is usually a misdemeanor. It can be a felony if anyone was injured or died, or there was significant property damage after an accident caused by reckless driving.
- There are many defenses that can be used in a reckless driving case, including faulty speedometer, faulty brakes, emergency, and so forth.
- An increase in insurance premiums can cost $5000 or more over the course of the next 3-5 years; this is often more than the cost of hiring a traffic ticket attorney in Newark.
- If you are found guilty, you may have a permanent criminal record.
These are all reasons it is so important to hire an experienced traffic ticket attorney to look into the details of your case and see if there is anything that might help you get the charges against you changed or dropped completely.
Why You Need to Hire a Traffic Ticket Attorney
It is important to hire a traffic ticket attorney in Newark, New Jersey if you are charged with an offense because it can stay on your driving record for a very long time, and depending on how many offenses you have, you may have your license taken away. You also want to make sure you don’t have any sort of record, which can be important for some jobs. For example, if you are a truck driver, you have far less leniency on getting tickets because your job really does depend on you being able to drive. The same goes for bus drivers, construction workers, police officers, firefighters, and many other professions. Certain traffic violations are criminal offenses as well, so it is extremely important that you contact a lawyer immediately for help and do not try to fight the charges alone. This can affect your job, your personal life, and your future on the road.
If you are charged with a traffic offense, you need to hire an attorney from Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. right away. Your attorney will be your number one confidant, and will look out for your best interests throughout the entire process. You should hire an attorney before even speaking to police about the traffic ticket so that you do not say anything to incriminate yourself. Your lawyer will know if there are any loopholes in the law that may actually make you not guilty of the crime, and if there was any possibility that the officer who gave you the ticket was incorrect in their initial assessment.
Contact Us Today
After being charged with reckless driving, you should be ready to fight the charges against you. Sometimes we can get charges dropped completely, other times we can still at least get them lessened. Call a traffic ticket attorney in Newark from Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. now for immediate help. Don’t wait — you need to make sure you do not miss any important deadlines for your case.
What is considered to be reckless driving?
- Reckless driving can be classified as operating a vehicle in a way that is dangerous to the driver, as well as all other cars on the road. Some examples of reckless driving include exceeding the speed limit by twenty-five or more miles per hour, racing other vehicles, swerving in and out of traffic lanes, driving the wrong way on the road, and driving on a sidewalk or into pedestrians. All of these examples violate traffic laws and may warrant a reckless driving ticket.
- What are the potential consequences of a reckless driving ticket? A reckless driving ticket may be considered a criminal offense and therefore could be punishable by jail time, a potential criminal record, and thousands of dollars owed in insurance premiums. Needless to say, a reckless driving ticket is unlike other traffic tickets and should be dealt with differently. If anyone died, was injured, or had property damaged significantly in an accident where the driver was driving recklessly, it would most assuredly be issued a felony, and the driver punished accordingly. A permanent criminal record is not something to be taken lightly, and clients should consider the weight of their reckless driving ticket when reaching out for a traffic ticket attorney.
- What to do after being issued a reckless driving ticket? Upon receiving a reckless driving ticket, contact a traffic ticket lawyer to set up a complimentary consult. During the consultation, the client and attorney will discuss the case, formulate a plan, and begin taking legal steps toward a goal. Experienced traffic ticket lawyers understand that there may be two different sides to the story and that the driver may have probable cause due to faulty brakes, or a broken speedometer. Hiring an attorney who is knowledgeable about traffic tickets, especially reckless driving tickets will greatly benefit clients.
- Criminal offenses, potential jail times, and hefty fines may all feel extremely daunting for the client. Thankfully, a traffic ticket attorney will be with them every step of the way, fighting for lesser fines, and sentences. Changing the charges of a reckless driving ticket may seem unfathomable, but in some cases, it could happen. While clients should remain realistic, hiring a wise attorney may prove incredibly valuable in the end. Clients trust the attorneys at Rispoli & Borneo P.C. to advocate on their behalf and assist them at every step of the legal process.
- A reckless driving ticket may have serious consequences, but thankfully, a traffic ticket attorney may help. Lessening the charges, and sentence is the aim of every lawyer who defends their client. On some occasions, a traffic ticket attorney may be able to sway the prosecutor, jury, or judge to drop all of their client’s charges. However, those cases are few and far between, and clients should not expect their outcomes to be similar. Contact a Newark traffic ticket attorney today, and rest assured that they will work tirelessly to provide the best outcome they can for you and your case.
You Can Fight Your Ticket – And You Should
A Newark traffic ticket attorney is a valuable ally. The right legal team can help you understand your charges and fight back against your ticket. Read on to see why you should get in touch with an experienced attorney, and get in touch with Rispoli & Borneo P.C. to get started.
Why are traffic tickets so expensive?
The price of a traffic ticket is more than just the amount you owe in fines. Unfortunately, traffic tickets stay on your driving record for up to five years in New Jersey. This means that for five years, your insurance rates will be increased. Many people assume that the financial impact of a traffic ticket stops when they pay the fine, but when you factor in the price of inflated insurance, it can cost much more in the long run.
Why should I fight my ticket?
Fighting a ticket may seem intimidating, but you have a right to contest your ticket in court. Fighting your ticket can save you money, both in terms of fines and increased insurance costs. Successfully contesting your traffic ticket means keeping your record clean, and while the thought of going to court over something so minor as a speeding ticket may seem overwhelming, you should never hesitate to exercise your rights.
Why won’t an emotional appeal beat my ticket?
Unfortunately, going to court to explain that you were having a bad day or a rough week isn’t the best way to fight a traffic ticket. Emotional appeals don’t work. Your judge can always mention the fact that countless others have bad days and drive without breaking traffic laws, and suddenly your “I was having a bad day” approach becomes worthless. If it didn’t work against the police officer who ticketed you, it won’t work in court.
Why shouldn’t I make excuses?
Excuses are another poor strategy if you’re hoping to fight a ticket. If you say something like “everyone else was speeding, so I was just trying to keep up,” you’re actually admitting guilt. When you fight a ticket, you’re not trying to defend your actions. This puts you at a disadvantage right from the start. Fortunately, you can turn to a Newark traffic ticket attorney who can walk you through some effective strategies.
Why should I get a lawyer?
You don’t have time to read up on traffic laws. You have to focus on work, life, and everything in between. Fortunately, a lawyer already has the legal know-how to get you out of a ticket. When you receive a traffic ticket, you shouldn’t just blindly accept the financial hit. You should fight back against your ticket, and you should get a lawyer who can walk you through the entire process.
Contact Rispoli & Borneo P.C. Today
At Rispoli & Borneo P.C., we know traffic tickets. We understand that a ticket can be frustrating and expensive, and we understand that you may be hesitant about fighting your fines. Fortunately, with the help of our law office, you can focus on your life while we focus on your case.
Get in touch today, and see how a Newark traffic ticket attorney from our office can help.