Middletown NJ Municipal Court Lawyers
If you are being charged with a criminal case, it is important to contact one of the experienced Middletown, New Jersey municipal court lawyers from our firm. At Rispoli & Borneo P.C. we strive to help the members of our community by providing quality legal counsel that will protect their rights and help keep their life on track. Whether your charge is considered a misdemeanor or a felony, we can be there every step of the way.
Different Types of Criminal Defenses
Having a strategic plan of defense can help reduce the charge, avert a guilty verdict, or have the charges dropped altogether. There are many different defense strategies that can be used and discussing your case with one of our Middletown NJ municipal court lawyers can help determine the best plan for your situation. Some of the defense strategies used are:
- Defense of Duress: This is when you have been threatened or physically harmed by another in order to break the law. For example, this defense could be used if someone threatened to hurt you if you did not commit a robbery. The other person forced you to break the law. It will have to be proven that you had no other choice but to commit the crime.
- Defense of Self-Defense: This is when the defendant had to use self-defense in order to protect themselves against harm or even death. It will have to be proven that the defendant was in serious trouble and had no choice but to use self-defense.
- Defense of Necessity: This is when a crime was committed due to exceptional circumstances. This means that the defendant had no choice but to break the law.
- Defense of Infancy: This means the accused individual is not old enough to be held legally responsible for their actions. For example, it could be a young child who shot someone else because they did not comprehend the dangers of a gun.
- Defense of Mistake/Accident: This could be used if the defendant’s actions were unintentional or they did not realize their actions were illegal.
- Defense of Insanity: The defendant claims their mental health issues caused the crime and, as a result, they should not be held legally responsible for their actions. The defendant will have to undergo a psychological examination and the reports will have to be submitted to the court.
There are numerous defense strategies that can be used in criminal defense cases, making it important to work with a lawyer who can help you decide on the strongest defense strategy for your specific case. Each of our Middletown NJ municipal court lawyers strives to help protect and defend our clients to obtain the best possible outcome.
Don’t Move Forward Unprepared
If you have been charged with a crime, it is important that you consider hiring a lawyer who can properly advise you during every step of the legal process. At Rispoli & Borneo P.C. our Middletown NJ municipal court lawyers are well experienced and highly trained on criminal defense cases and able to help provide the much needed legal counsel.