After suffering a personal injury through no fault of your own, it’s important to consider hiring a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer to help you recover your damages. The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, PC have helped hundreds of accident victims recover the maximum in compensation.
The attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, PC offer a free consultation. If you would like to discuss your personal injury case with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Middletown NJ call us at (908) 768-3884 to schedule an appointment.
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer
Before meeting with a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer, prepare a list of written questions and a pen to take notes. This can be especially helpful later on when you need to reference this information. Below are some suggested questions that you may find helpful.
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis? When an attorney works on contingency, that means he or she won’t be paid unless they obtain a settlement or win a trial verdict.
- What will you charge if you settle my personal injury case?
- What will you charge if we have to go to trial and you win my personal injury case?
- What is your success rate with personal injury cases? This can tell you if they have any experience with personal injury settlements or lawsuits. It can also tell you if this particular personal injury lawyer Middletown NJ offers is successful in this area of law. These two pieces of information may go a long way in telling you if you want to hire him or her.
- Do other law firms refer personal injury cases to you? If another firm gives him or her referrals, then very likely the attorney has a good reputation.
- What is your success rate with personal injury cases similar to mine in a jury trial? Though every case is unique, an attorney who has trial experience with similar cases is more likely to win your case. In addition, hiring an experienced and successful personal injury lawyer may motivate the insurance company to agree to a fair settlement to avoid a trial. In most instances, a fair settlement is preferable because trials can be costly and are usually more time consuming.
- How long will it take to reach a settlement. An experienced Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer should be able to give you an estimate of time based on a review of your case and a reasonable familiarity with the insurance company that’s involved, but these
- How often will I receive updates from you about my case, and how will you contact me? Each attorney has their preferred method of communicating and you will want to know up front if their style will work for you. If you need to hear from them more often, tell them what you prefer and see if that is workable. If the attorney offers and explanation of why that won’t work for her or him, listen with an open mind. If they usually communicate by phone but you prefer text messaging, let them know and ask if they can accommodate you. It’s best to know ahead of time if you and a particular Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer can work together.
When you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you may deserve compensation for your losses. Our firm offers a free initial consultation to discuss your case. If you need a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer who can help you recover your damages, contact the attorneys of Rispoli & Borneo, PC today.
A Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer may help you get justice for the injury that you suffered. Whether you got hurt in a car accident or at a hospital, you owe it to yourself to at talk to a personal injury lawyer. Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you likely won’t owe your lawyer any money unless you win your case.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a lawsuit that takes place when a person gets hurt in an accident and someone else may be legally responsible. Plaintiffs have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit, so they should act quickly. The statutes of limitations vary according to state and the type of injury. A knowledgeable Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer may inform you of statutes of limitations for your case.
When Is It Necessary to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
While you can file a personal injury claim by yourself, it may be a better idea to work with a personal injury lawyer in Middletown NJ. He or she can know the ins and outs of personal injury laws and may help you go up against insurance companies and their team of lawyers. Hiring a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer is especially beneficial if you suffered major injuries, have expensive medical bills or have lost significant wages because of your injuries.
In addition to helping you obtain compensation for your injuries, a personal injury lawyer may provide needed support. Dealing with a personal injury can be emotionally draining, and having a knowledgeable lawyer by your side can be comforting.
Tips for Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
Because you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim, it is important to hire a personal injury attorney soon. However, you don’t need to settle on the first attorney that you find on a Google search. Here are some helpful tips for hiring a personal injury lawyer Middletown NJ trusts:
- Make sure the attorney you hire has dealt with personal injury cases similar to yours in the past. For example, if you were in a car crash, you may not want to work with an attorney who only has experience with slip and fall accidents.
- Ask the attorney about his or her caseload. If an attorney already has a lot of cases on his or her plate, he or she might not have enough time to fully concentrate on your case.
- Evaluate your comfort level with the Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer. Does he or she have a good success rate with previous cases? Does the lawyer seem like he or she is fully dedicated to helping you win your case?
It’s time to take the next step in your personal injury case and hire an experienced lawyer. You deserve justice for all the pain and suffering you have been through. If you are looking for a Middletown NJ personal injury lawyer, contact Rispoli & Borneo today at 908-768-3884.