You may be surprised to discover that hiring a speeding ticket attorney in Newark, New Jersey could be the best investment you ever make. A speeding ticket may seem ordinary and nothing to get excited about but the truth is that pleading guilty may be more costly than hiring an attorney. In addition to the fines that you would have to pay, you’ll get points on your driving record and face the very real risk of paying increased insurance premiums for years to come. If your speeding ticket is upgraded to a reckless driving charge, a conviction could result in jail time as well. Why take the risk? Give us a call at Rispoli & Borneo to speak with a speeding ticket attorney in Newark to discuss your case. There’s no charge for that call.
How many points might be added to my driving record for a speeding conviction?
The number of points you receive will be directly related to how many miles per hour you were over the speed limit. A Newark speeding ticket attorney from our firm can provide you with more specifics, but the important thing to remember is that if you already have points on your record, you could lose your driving privileges. Here is an overview:
- If you were caught driving up to 14 mph over the posted speed limit then you will be assessed two points on your motor vehicle driving record.
- If you were caught driving from 15-29 mph over the posted speed limit then you will be assessed four points on your motor vehicle driving record.
- If you were caught driving 30 mph or more over the posted speed limit then you will be assessed five points on your motor vehicle driving record. You are also at a very high risk for getting your license suspended. Should that happen and your job entails driving on behalf of your company, you may lose your job as your employer may have the legal right to fire you based on the loss of your license.
What fines might I have to pay for a speeding conviction?
The amount that you will be obligated to pay in terms of a fine will be dictated by the Court. The dollar amount is directly related to how many miles per hour you were over the speed limit. Our speeding ticket attorney in Newark may be able to get your fine reduced, but here is as general overview, provided you were not in a safety corridor, a construction zone or otherwise restricted area in which case the fines may be doubled:
- In excess of the speed limit by up to nine mph: $81
- In excess of the speed limit 10-14 mph: $91
- In excess of the speed limit 15-19 mph: $101
- In excess of the speed limit 20-24 mph: $196
- In excess of the speed limit 25-29 mph: $216
- In excess of the speed limit 30-34 mph: $236
- In excess of the speed limit 35-39 mph: $256
Contact Rispoli & Borneo P.C. to meet with a speeding ticket attorney Newark clients recommend and find out how we can help.