If you need to hire a New Jersey personal injury lawyer to assist you with a workers compensation claim, you may want to speak to Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. Our firm has handled hundreds of workers compensation cases throughout the years. We are prepared to fight hard for our clients and make sure their rights are protected.
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents
Even when employers make sure to take proper safety precautions, accidents can still happen and employees can be injured. Some of these injuries are fairly minor while other are life-threatening. Here are some of the most common causes of workplace accidents a personal injury lawyer in New Jersey may have seen:
- Slips and Falls: This type of workplace accident typically occurs in office kitchens and break rooms. Water and other liquids can spill on the floor and make the area hazardous for employees.
- Hazardous Materials: Employees who work with hazardous materials are required to wear protective clothing and eye goggles — but it’s still possible for employees to be injured or develop illnesses. Contact with hazardous materials could result in burns, skin infections, and other health conditions.
- Machine Entanglement: A New Jersey personal injury lawyer may have represented clients whose injuries resulted from machine entanglement. Employees who work around heavy machinery have to be extra cautious to avoid getting their hair, clothes and body parts stuck in these machines.
- Vehicle Accidents: Workers who must drive a vehicle for their jobs must receive proper training before getting behind the wheel.
- Falling Objects: Workplace injuries can also be caused by falling objects. If heavy objects, likes supplies or file boxes, are stacked on shelves without being secured properly, they can fall down and hit employees.
When It May Be Necessary To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Simple workplace compensation claims can typically be handled without a lawyer. However, if complications arise, it may be in your best interest to hire a New Jersey personal injury lawyer. For example, if your employer denies your claim, you may want to hire a lawyer to help you file an appeal and get the compensation you deserve.
It may also be necessary to hire a New Jersey personal injury lawyer if your employer retaliates to your workers comp claim in some way. Some employers become angry when their workers file workers comp claims and may demote, fire, or reduce their number of hours. This is illegal treatment and should not be tolerated. An experienced lawyer may help you bring your employer to court for violating your rights while also helping you obtain the compensation you initially filed for.
At Rispoli & Borneo, P.C., our lawyers work on a contingency basis. You will not owe us any money unless you win your case. This means you have nothing to lose by setting up a consultation to speak to one of our lawyers.
To set up a case evaluation with a New Jersey personal injury lawyer, contact Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. at 732-278-8220.