Speeding Ticket Lawyer Newark New Jersey
Each Newark, New Jersey speeding ticket lawyer from Rispoli & Borneo has represented many motorists who were issued a speeding ticket that threatened to cause serious repercussions in their lives. On the surface, a speeding ticket may not seem like a big deal, but for many motorists who simply plead guilty, it can be a slippery slope. This is because a guilty plea can result in maximum penalties, and in some cases, lifelong penalties.
With an experienced speeding ticket lawyer by your side, the speeding ticket you received can be successfully fought and either dismissed or reduced to a much less serious charge. Without a lawyer, you are at the mercy of the legal justice system and it may not feel particularly just or fair. Do not let this be you: contact Rispoli & Borneo and learn more about how a speeding ticket lawyer can make a difference in your case. Our firm does not charge for the first consultation because it’s an opportunity to give you an honest assessment of how we might be able to help you.
What are the benefits of hiring a Newark speeding ticket lawyer?
One of the first questions a speeding ticket lawyer is often asked by drivers who have been cited for speeding is, “Why should I hire a lawyer?” It’s a good question and the answer to it varies depending on the circumstances. For example, if this is their first ticket and they were only a few miles over the speed limit, and nobody was hurt, they may not need a lawyer. However, for nearly everyone else, it may behoove them to contact a Newark speeding ticket lawyer. Here are a few reasons why:
- Traffic court is at best a huge inconvenience. It can take a full day, which usually requires the person to take time off from work, and explaining why they need the day off can cause additional problems for them. A Newark speeding ticket lawyer may be able to help you avoid traffic court altogether, either by getting the ticket dismissed or plea it down to a much less serious charge. If it goes to trial, a Newark speeding ticket lawyer can appear in court on your behalf so that you don’t even have to attend. This will enable you to keep your business private from coworkers, your boss, and others.
- Our legal fees are extremely reasonable. We don’t drag out cases with the goal of trying to make more money that way because quite honestly, it doesn’t work like that. The faster a speeding ticket lawyer can resolve your case in a positive manner, the happier you will be and the more likely you’ll recommend our firm to friends and family when they need a Newark speeding ticket lawyer. Plus, when you compare our firm’s fee to what you’ll pay in increased insurance premiums as a result of a speeding ticket, or the potential loss of your driving privileges, the fines, etc. you’ll see that hiring one of our lawyers is a smart investment.
- An experienced Newark speeding ticket lawyer from our firm is often able to get a dismissal or negotiate a lesser charge which enables our client to avoid having to attend mandatory traffic school classes.
Call our office today to discuss your case and learn how a Newark speeding ticket lawyer from Rispoli & Borneo can make a difference.
Will a Reckless Driving Conviction Affect my employment?
When it comes to traffic violations, many of them are relatively minor as a speeding ticket lawyer Newark trusts can attest. Perhaps you rolled through a stop sign, ran a red light through an intersection, or you were caught speeding ten miles an hour over the limit. If this is the case, you usually receive a ticket and choose to either pay it or go to court. Unless you drive for your work, traffic violations are common and employers are not surprised to see them. However, if you receive a ticket for reckless driving, the outcome will be much more serious.
How is reckless driving classified?
Reckless driving is considered to be a major moving traffic violation according to a speeding ticket lawyer in Newark. There are two ways a reckless driving ticket can be classified. In most cases, it is a misdemeanor charge. In more serious cases, it is considered a felony.
- Misdemeanor. These types of infractions are more serious than a typical driving infraction (running a red light) and are usually punishable by fines or incarceration in a local jail. You can receive a reckless driving misdemeanor if you display a disregard for the rules of the road or ignore usual driving procedures that could be harmful to yourself or to others.
- Felony. In rare instances, you can be charged with a felony for reckless driving. If the reckless driving causes serious injury or death to another person, or if you were caught without a valid driving license, you can receive a felony charge, depending on the state.
Disclosing on a job application
If you have been charged with or convicted of reckless driving or speeding, it is imperative to read over a job application in detail, as a speeding ticket lawyer in Newark can suggest. If you accidentally miss a question or choose not to put down a reckless driving charge on your application, a potential employer could still look up your driving record and perceive your omission as a lie. This could easily cost you a job.
Even if you have not yet been convicted of this crime, many job applications will ask if you have been charged with a reckless driving crime. Even if your case was dismissed, you have still been charged with this crime once the officer writes the ticket.
Will it show up on a background check?
- Driving Record. If the background check your employer runs encompasses your driving record, it will most likely show up, though not all employers will run a check on your driving record. That said, if convicted of reckless driving, this misdemeanor will stay on your driving record for a set number of years depending on the state you live in.
- Criminal Record. Unfortunately, if you are charged and convicted of reckless driving, you will have a criminal record as a result. As noted above, because this will go on your criminal record, it is very important that you disclose this news on a job application.
If you have been charged with reckless driving or have questions regarding reckless driving, contact our team at Rispoli & Borneo, P.C. As a speeding ticket lawyer Newark relies on, we are here to help you choose the best course of action moving forward.