Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been harmed in an accident, contact a Newark personal injury attorney clients can trust to handle their case with respect, and enthusiasm.
- What is a personal injury attorney?
A personal injury attorney is a lawyer who specializes in representing clients who have suffered physical or emotional harm due to the negligence or intentional actions of another party.
- What types of cases do personal injury attorneys handle?
Personal injury attorneys handle a wide range of cases, including car accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, and wrongful death.
- What should I do if I’ve been injured in an accident?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately. Then, contact a personal injury attorney such as those at Rispoli & Borneo P.C. as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
- How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intentional actions, you may have a personal injury case. Contact a personal injury attorney to discuss your specific situation.
- What damages can I recover in a personal injury case?
You may be able to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses related to your injury.
- How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit varies depending on the state and the type of case. Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options.
- How much does it cost to hire a personal injury attorney?
Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if you receive a settlement or verdict in your favor. The fee is typically a percentage of the settlement or verdict amount.
- What should I look for in a personal injury attorney?
Look for an attorney with experience in handling cases similar to yours, who communicates well, and who has a track record of success.
- How long does a personal injury case take to resolve?
The length of a personal injury case varies depending on the complexity of the case, the amount of damages involved, and other factors. Your attorney can give you an estimate of how long your case may take.
- What is the role of the insurance company in a personal injury case?
The insurance company for the at-fault party may be responsible for paying damages in a personal injury case. Your attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Will I have to go to court to resolve my personal injury case?
Not necessarily. Many personal injury cases are settled out of court through negotiations between the parties involved. However, if a settlement cannot be reached, your case may go to trial.
- Can I still pursue a personal injury case if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Yes, you may still be able to pursue a personal injury case if you were partially at fault for the accident. However, your damages may be reduced based on the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Contact a personal injury attorney today and start your legal journey.